Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Profile Flexterra High Performance - Flexible Growth Medium is an advanced formula that boosts high performance erosion control and revegetation for steep slopes and critical sites. Flexterra is certified environment-friendly and it is designed for rapid vegetative establishment and better biomass production compared to any rolled blanket or hydraulically applied mulch available. Also, this special solution reduces soil loss and turbidity of effluent runoff. To use, apply a fertilizer with specified prescriptive agronomic formulations and 50 percent of seed mix with a small amount of HP-FGM for visual metering. Mix balance of seed and apply HP-FGM at a rate of 50 pounds per 125 gallons of water over freshly seeded surfaces. Confirm loading rates with equipment manufacturer. Flexterra works immediately upon application. Once employed, it directly associates to soil. The formula guarantees its long lasting functionality. This is best for dormant seeding and long term shield in dry climates.
|Active Ingredient:||Thermally Processed Wood Fibers - 80%
Crosslinked Biopolymers and Water Absorbents - 10%
Crimped, Man-made Biodegradable Interlocking Fibers - 5%
Micro-Pore Granules - 5%
|For use in:||Soil (steep lopes and critical sites: rocky terrain, cat tracks, ripped soils, etc.)|
|Application:||Use approved hydro-spraying machines with fan-type nozzle (50-degree tip)
Apply HP-FGM from opposing directions to soil surface
For hose applications, 35 lb/100 gal is recommended
* See label for complete application instructions
|Special Features:||100% recycled and phyto-sanitized wood fibers
100% biodegradable man-made fibers, naturally derived biopolymers, non-toxic components and no nettings, threads or staples to endanger wildlife
|Shipping Weight:||51.50 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Profile Products LLC (Mfg. Number: CFFLXHP)|
Flexterra HP-FGM Delivers:
- The highest germination and growth establishment.
- Greater than 99% erosion control effectiveness immediately upon application.
- 100% biodegradability.
- Greater safety for even the most sensitive aquatic environment because it's non-toxic.
- Near-perfect erosion control and denser vegetation while protecting the natural environment.
HP Technology: Greener By Design
- 100% recycled Thermally Refined wood fibers produce the highest yield and coverage per unit weight and are phyto-sanitized, eliminating weed seeds and pathogens.
- 100% biodegradable interlocking man-made fibers increase mechanical bonding of the matrix to provide immediate performance upon installation.
- 100% non-toxic biopolymers and water absorbents enhance erosion control resistance and growth establishment.
- Revolutionary Micro-Pore particles optimize water and nutrient retention.
Strictly comply with equipment manufacturer's installation instructions and recommendations. Use approved hydro-spraying machines with fan-type nozzle (50-degree tip). To achieve optimum soil surface coverage, apply HP-FGM from opposing directions to soil surface. Rough surfaces (rocky terrain, cat tracks and ripped soils) may require higher application rates to achieve 100% cover. Slope interruption devices or water diversion techniques are recommended when slope lengths exceed 100 feet (30 m). Maximum slope length is for product applications on a 3H:1V slope. For application on steeper slopes, slope interruption lengths may need to be decreased based on actual site conditions. Not recommended for channels or areas with concentrated water flow. This product may be applied on saturated soils and does not require a curing period to be effective. No chemical additives with the exception of fertilizer, liming and biostimulant materials should be added to this product.
- For Erosion Control and Revegetation: To ensure proper application rates, measure and stake area. For maximum performance, apply HP-FGM in a two-step process*:
- Step One: Apply fertilizer with specified prescriptive agronomic formulations and 50% of seed with a small amount of HP-FGM for visual metering.
- Step Two: Mix balance of seed and apply HP-FGM at a rate of 50 lb per 125 gallons (23 kg/475 liters) of water over freshly seeded surfaces. Confirm loading rates with equipment manufacturer. Do not leave seeded surfaces unprotected, especially if precipitation is imminent.
* Depending upon site conditions HP-FGM may be applied in a one-step process where all components may be mixed together in single tank loads. Consult with Manufacturer for further details.
Best results and more rapid curing are achieved at temperatures exceeding 60°F (15°C). Curing times may be accelerated in high temperature, low humidity conditions with product applied on dry soils.
Over-application of product may inhibit germination and plant growth.
Mixing: A mechanically agitated hydraulic-application machine is strongly recommended:
- Fill 1/3 of mechanically agitated hydroseeder with water. Turn pump on for 15 seconds and purge and pre-wet lines. Turn pump off.
- Turn agitator on and load low density materials first (i.e. seed).
- Continue slowly filling tank with water while loading fiber matrix into tank.
- Consult application and loading charts to determine number of bags to be added for desired area and application rate. Mix at a rate of 50 lb of HP-FGM per 125 gallons (23 kg/475 liters). Contact Equipment manufacturer to confirm optimum mixing rates.
- All HP-FGM should be completely loaded before water level reaches 75% of the top of tank.
- Top off with water and mix until all fiber is fully broken apart and hydrated (minimum of 10 minutes — increase mixing time when applying in cold conditions). This is very important to fully activate the bonding additives and to obtain proper viscosity.
- Add fertilizer
- Shut off recirculation valve to minimize potential for air entrainment within the slurry.
- Slow down agitator and start applying with a 50-degree fan tip nozzle.
- Spray in opposing directions for maximum soil coverage.
- Application Rates: These application rates are for standard conditions. Designers may wish to reduce rates to encourage faster vegetation establishment or may need to increase application rates on rough surfaces.
Slope Gradient / Condition - English - SI
< 4H to 1V - 2500 lb/ac - 2800 kg/ha
> 4H to 1V and < 3H to 1V - 3000 lb/ac - 3400 kg/ha
> 3H to 1V and < 2H to 1V - 3500 lb/ac - 3900 kg/ha
> 2H to 1V and < 1H to 1V - 4000 lb/ac - 4500 kg/ha
> 1H to 1V - 4500 lb/ac - 5100 kg/ha
Below ECB or TRM - 1500 lb/ac - 1700 kg/ha
As infill for TRM* - 3500 lb/ac - 3900 kg/ha
*Use only approved and tested TRMs to create the GreenArmor™ System
Cleaning and Protection
- After application, thoroughly flush the tank, pumps and hoses to remove all material. Wash all material from the exterior of the machine and remove any slurry spills. Once dry, material will be more difficult to remove.
- Clean spills promptly. Advise owner of methods for protection of treated areas. Do not allow treated areas to be trafficked or subjected to grazing.