Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
ProMate 5-5-25 is a professional fertilizer plus a .375% Barricade pre-emergent herbicide. Read the label first before use for the application instructions and the weeds that are controlled.
|Active Ingredient:||prodiamine (barricade) - .375%
Total Nitrogen(N) 5.00%
Available Phosphate(P2O5) 5.00%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 25.00%
|Target pests:||Barnyardgrass, Annual Bluegrass (Poa Annua), Carpetweed, Chickweed (common), Crabgrass (large, smooth), Crowfootgrass, Cupgrass (woolly), Foxtails (annual), Goosegrass, Henbit, Itchgrass, Johnsongrass (from seed), Junglerice, Knotweed, Kochia, Lambsquarter (common), Lovegrass, Panicum (Texas, Fall, Browntop), Pigweed, Purslane (common), Pusley, Rescuegrass, Shepherds Purse, Signalgrass, Speedwell (Persian), Sprangletop, Spurge (Prostrate), Witchgrass, Woodsorrel (yellow)
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Commercial Cool & Warm-Season Lawns: Parks and Golf Courses|
|Application:||Approx. 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed on label|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||NY, CA, HI, AK, MA|
|Shipping Weight:||51.50 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Helena Chemical|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Pro-Mate 5-5-25 Fertilzer with Barricade is a selective pre-emergent herbicide that provides residual control of many grass and broadleaf weeds in:
- Established turf grasses (excluding golf course putting greens) and lawns.
Pro-Mate 5-5-25 controls susceptible weeds by inhibiting weed seed germination and root development. Most effective weed control will be obtained when this product is activated by at least 0.5 inch of rainfall or irrigation, or with shallow (1-2 inches) incorporation, prior to weed seed germination and within 14 days following application.
Apply uniformly with suitable, calibrated application equipment.
Pro-Mate 5-5-25 is a selective pre-emergent herbicide that, when properly applied, will control certain grass and broadleaf weeds in established turf grasses and lawns. The maximum amount of this product that may be applied per year is given for each turf grass species in the Maximum Annual Rates section of the label. Most effective weed control in turf grasses will be obtained when this product is activated by at least 0.5 inch of rainfall or irrigation prior to weed seed germination and within 14 days following application. See the map on the label for approximate crabgrass seed germination dates.
The following precautions apply to the use of Pro-Mate 5-5-25 in turf grasses and lawns:
- Do not graze or feed livestock forage cut from areas treated with Pro-Mate.
- Do not use on food producing plants.
- Do not apply Pro-Mate through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not apply aerially.
- Do not apply to golf course putting greens.
- Application of Pro-Mate may thin emerged annual bluegrass and newly overseeded grasses.
- Do not apply to overseeded turf within 60 days after seeding or until after the second mowing, whichever is longer.
- Injury to desirable seedlings is likely if Pro-Mate is applied before seedling secondary roots are in the second inch of soil, not thatch plus soil.
- Do not cut (harvest) treated sod before 120 days after application.
- Do not apply to newly set sod until the following year.
- Application of Pro-Mate to turf stressed by drought, low fertility, or pest damage may result in turf injury.
- Disturbing the herbicide barrier with cultural practices such as disking may result in reduced weed control.
- Do not apply this product to putting greens or areas where dichondra, colonial bentgrass, velvet bentgrass, or annual bluegrass (Poa annua) are desirable species.
- Do not exceed a maximum of 400 lbs. of Pro-Mate per acre per calendar year.
Rates of Application:
Pro-Mate 5-5-25 may be applied as a single application or in sequential applications to control weeds germinating throughout the year. All applications must be made prior to germination of the target weeds. Pro-Mate will not control established weeds. Maximum use rate selection should be based on turf species. The length of time of residual weed control provided by this product is related to the rate applied.
Maximum Annual Rates:
Pro-Mate 5-5-25 is may be used for use on the turf grass species listed in the table on the label. Do not exceed the maximum yearly rate as given in the table.
See all 4 reviews »
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question