Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader is a great product, making it super simple to spread any type of granules on your lawn, garden or whichever surface you desire. Holding enough granules to treat up to 10,000 sq. ft. of lawn, Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader will keep going when other drop spreaders would limit you. This spreader will literally "drop" the granule right on the lawn without flinging it around.
Works great with Milky Spore Lawn Spreader Mix.
Usually there is a list of settings on the product for which setting on the spreader to use. If this spreader isn't listed on the product, there are multiple ways to calibrate the Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader. Follow the instructions on the description below.
|For use in:||Outdoor residential areas.|
|Application:||Place granules into the hopper. Move spreader across desired area.|
|Coverage Area:||Up to 10,000 sq ft|
|Material / Construction:||Plastic|
|Shipping Weight:||12.69 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Scotts (Mfg. Number: 76565)|
Set Up Instructions:
- Lay the spreader down so that it rests on the front of the hoppper.
- Lift the U-bar and brace, then spread the sides of the brace and insert the ends into the holes in the U-bar.
- Place the spreader upright on its wheels.
- Rais the top half of the handle to the upright position and hand tighten the wing nuts.
Quick Start Instructions:
- Fill hopper with lawn product of your choice.
- Turn rate control to correct setting listed in the Spreader Setting section on the back of each package of product.
- To apply product, begin walking at a steady pace (approx. 4 ft./sec.), then squeeze and hold trigger.
- When finished, sweep any stray particles from hard surfaces back onto lawn area.
- Never leave product in the spreader. Pour leftover material back into the package and seal the package tightly. After each use, wash thoroughly over the lawn to remove all material clinging to the spreader. Hot water may be required at times to remove stubborn residue. Allow the spreader to dry thoroughly in the sun. Store your spreader in a clean dry place.
In cases where you do not have a tested setting, you can test your estimated setting by placing that amount in the spreader and covering a matching area. So, in this case, put 5.75 pounds in the spreader and test it in a 1000 square foot area (which is 50 feet by 20 feet). We recommend a low setting, between 1/4 and 1/3 of the potential range of the spreader to start.
Calibrating the spreader:
Check the calibration by first adjusting your micrometer setting to 6. Turn the spreader over so that you are looking at the outside of the bottom of the hopper. Use your foot to hold down the trigger. With the micrometer set at 6 and the trigger squeezed against the handle, the front edge of the projecting ridge on the shut-off bar should be aligned with the calibration line located on the 2nd or 3rd tooth from the center. To adjust the alignment,, use a small wrench to turn the black calibration screw at the lower end of the control wire leading from the micrometer rate setting barrel. Adjust the screw until the calibration line and raised ridge or front edge of the shut-off bar meet.
For Rectangular Lawns: Apply two header strips across each end for a turning area. Then apply back and forth in the longest direction.
For Irregular-Shaped Lawns: Apply one header strip around the entire lawn for a turning area, then apply back and forth.
Spreader Overlap: To avoid streaks or misses, overlap spreader patterns approximately 1-1/2 feet (50 cm). Do not leave spreader open when making turns.
See all 1 reviews »
2 of 2 people found this review helpful:
Milky spores and classic drop spreader
By Rodrick in Waverly Hall, GA 31831 on 09/09/2014
All items and products worked as described and on time. Easy to assemble. I will be ordering my fall addition soon. I know it is a 2 year treatment plan. I will let you know next spring if it is affective. Thank you
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
04/25/2014 Charles from Lafayette La.
QCan I use Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader for top mix
AWe do not see an issue using Scotts Turf Builder for top mix. For the correct calibration, please contact Scotts at 888-270-3714.