Snake-A-Way Snake Repellent is the world's only EPA registered, university tested, patented snake repellent that is guaranteed to effectively repel both poisonous and non-poisonous snakes.
Snake-Away Snake Repellent Product Features:
- Dry granular mixture is easy to apply and can be sprinkled by gloved hand around homes, cabins, trailers, camp sites, and garages.
- Lasts 2 to 3 months; effectiveness is not destroyed by rainfall.
- Proven effective against both poisonous and non-poisonous snakes.
- Environmentally friendly to humans, animals and plant life.
- Universally approved and endorsed by naturalists, conservationists and ecologists.
- Product efficacy reached over 83% in laboratory testing and almost 100% with field studies run by all 4 branches of the military.
How does Snake-Away Snake Repellent work?
Dr. T's uses knowledge of the snake's Jacobson's organ which controls a snake's sensory reception ability. As Dr. T's Snake-A-Way Snake Repellent's active ingredient (Naphthalene) vaporizes, it is brought into the sensory receptor of approaching snakes and creates an immediate interference. The result is that the snake's sensory system temporarily closes down, confusing the snake and causing it to scurry away. This effect is only temporary, and the snake's sensory functions will return to normal after the snake has retreated far enough away from the treated area.
Snake-A-Way may be more effective on some species than others for snake control.
The formula is most effective on Rattle Snakes, Checkered Garter Snakes, Coral Snakes, and Rattle Snakes. It is less effective on species such as the Corn or Red Rat Snake, Black Racer, Cotton Mouth Snake, Yellow Rat Snake, and Burmese Python. (please refer to label for full explanation of species control and usage instructionc)
How to Apply Snake-A-Way :
1) Using gloves, apply in bands surrounding the area to be protected.
2) Use bands 4-5 inches wide to repel checkered garter snakes. For rattlesnakes, use bands 8-12 inches wide.
3) In yards, lightly sprinkle Snake-A-Way over areas within the treatment band.
4) When the odor of Snake A way becomes faint, its effectiveness may be diminished. If this occurs during a season when snakes are active, re-treat the area with enough of the product to restore the original odor intensity. Re-treatment may also be necessary after heavy rains.
5) Do not use this product near streams, ponds, pools, or water supplies. This product is toxic to fish and may contaminate water
6) Apply Spring, Summer and Fall.