Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Soft Lines Floating Dog Swim Snap Leashes - 1 / 4" Diameter x 20 Foot is designed for beaches, and developed to protect your lovely dogs while swimming. The swim leash is made from polypropylene material that easily floats and will not tangle. It offers great resistance against UV, acid, alkali, oil, gas, rot and mildew. The leash quickly sheds water and are flexible, soft and convenient to grip. It can be machine or hand washed for cleaning. Also, it can be stored wet or dry. The hardware used is made from stainless steel to prevent rust, and the spring snap hook design will not be clogged with sand. The rope diameter size is 1/4 inch and the snap leash length is 20 feet. Made in Wisconsin.
Comes in the following:
- Floating Dog Swim Snap Leashes - 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 20 Foot - Yellow
- Floating Dog Swim Snap Leashes - 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 20 Foot - Pacific Blue
- Floating Dog Swim Snap Leashes - 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 20 Foot - Hot Pink
- Floating Dog Swim Snap Leashes - 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 20 Foot - Lime Green
Dog Swim Snap Leashes are also available in these sizes:
- 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 30 Foot
- 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 40 Foot
- 1 / 4 in. Diameter x 50 Foot
|For use in:||For dogs - very small, weighing less than 10 pounds - Beachfront, lake and stream areas, ocean fronts, etc.|
|Dimensions:||1/4 in. diameter x 20 ft.|
|Material / Construction:||Multifilament polypropylene fibers. Stainless steel hardware.|
|Special Features:||Resistant to UV, acid, alkali, oil, gas, rot and mildew. Easily sheds water. Flexible, soft and easy to grip. Hardware is resistant to rust. Spring snap hook design will not clog up with sand.|
|Parts Included:||Rope and spring snap hook.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Soft Lines, Inc. (Mfg. Number: PSW10420PACIFICBLUE)|
SWIM LEASHES LET DOGS SAFELY ENJOY THE WATER
When at a beachfront dog park, most dogs want to play and swim in the water. But, leash laws force owners to use short leashes that restrict a dog's freedom to play. Soft Lines' Dog Leashes for Beaches helps solve this problem.
Constructed from soft, multifilament, polypropylene rope, these leashes float on the water. This means they do not put excessive drag on the dog when swimming and will not pull a dog under like nylon or cotton rope leads that sink. Also, because the leash floats, it will not become tangled up in the dog's legs while swimming and remains highly visible.
UV-resistant and colorfast, Soft Lines' Leashes for Beaches shed water easily. They are also mildew and rot resistant. The open design of the spring snap does not clog up with sand or dirt and the stainless steel material keeps it rust free. The snap comes in different sizes to match the leash diameter requirement.
Using the swim leash protects a dog from swift currents in lake and stream areas. Dogs are also safeguarded against riptides when used on ocean fronts.
Soft Lines also offers the Swim Slip Leash, which does not require hardware and has an adjustable snugger to help prevent the leash from slipping over the head of the dog. An optional nylon mesh bag is available to store extra-long swim leashes.
FAQ: What is an appropriate rope size for swimming leashes?
- 1/4" diameter swim leashes are used by very small dogs usually weighing less than 10 pounds.
- 3/8" diameter swim leashes are used by medium sized dogs usually weighing less than 50 pounds.
- 1/2" diameter swim leashes are used by larger dogs usually weighting over 50 pounds.
* Well mannered dogs may use a smaller diameter leash.