Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Sultan Miticide is a non-systemic miticide that offers a new method for tetranychid mite control on ornamental plants. Using cyflumetofen, this product has been shown to be effective against mites that are resistant to other miticides, providing a new and powerful tool for any pest control applicatior or Integrated Pest Management plan. Once placed on the desired plant, Sultan Miticide offers long residual control for all the listed species of tetranychid mites, regardless of life stage. And since it only works on certain mites, it does not harm beneficial insects, such as pollinators, common lacewings, insidious flower bugs, predatory mites, seven-spotted lady beetles, six-spotted thrips, spider mite destroyers, and western predatory mites. It will not work on broad mites, bulb mites, cyclamen mites, flat mites, or rust mites. The product also has no ill effect on the plants it is sprayed on. Sultan Miticide works on many different plants, including ficus, palms, hibiscus, butterfly bush, roses, marigolds, gerbera daisies, and chrysanthemums. Just follow the instructions on the product label for each area and completely cover the desired plants with Sultan Miticide. The plant can be watered after just one hour after application. Make sure to avoid application of the product if rain is expected within one hour of application.
|Active Ingredient:||Cyflumetofen - 18.7%|
|Target pests:||Tetranychid mites: Banks Grass Mite, Brown Wheat Mite, Carmine Spider Mite, Citrus Red Mite, European Red Mite, Pacific Spider Mite, Spruce Spider Mite, Texas Citrus Mite, Two-Spotted Spider Mite, Yuma Spider Mite
* NOT Effective on Broad Mites, Bulb Mites, Cyclamen Mites, Flat Mites, or Rust Mites
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Commercial & Residential Indoors & Outdoors:
Greenhouses, Interiorscapes, Lath-houses, Shade-houses, Nurseries;
Container, Forest & Conifer Plantations, Residential & Commercial Landscapes
Foliage Plants, Flowers, Shrubs & Trees
* See label for complete list
|Application:||13.7 oz. per 100 gallons of water (2 Applications Per Crop Per Year)
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
Group 25 Acaricide
|Special Features:||* Rapid Kill of All Life Stages of Mites and Long Residual Control
* Low to NO Toxicity to Beneficial Insects, including Predatory Mites & Pollinators
* No Observed Phytotoxicity in Ornamental Species Tested
* A new mode of action to combat cross-resistance with other commercial miticides
* For Use Indoors in Greenhouses, Lath-houses, Shade-houses and Interiorscapes
* For Use Outdoors at Nurseries, Commercial & Residential and Landscapes, Container, Forest & Conifer Nurseries & Plantations
|Shipping Weight:||1.28 lbs|
|Use Sites||Application Rate per 100 gallons||Application Method|
Nurseries (container, bench, flat, plug, bed-grown, field-grown, shadehouses, screenhouses, lathhouses)
Forest and conifer plantations
Residential and commercial landscape
Recreational areas and gardens with ornamental landscapes
|13.7 fl (0.18 pound active ingredient||
When mites appear, apply in sufficient volume of water to ensure thorough coverage of foliage. Apply in a minimum of 100 gallons of finished spray solution per acre by ground equipment including tractor ground boom, backpack, or hand wand. Applying Sultan at spray volumes lower than directed can make it harder to obain thorough coverage and may reduce performance.
DO NOT exceed the maximum sessonal use rate of 27.4 fluid ounces of Sultan per crop growing cycle.
DO NOT make more than two applications of Sultan per crop per year.
Greenhouses (container, bench, flat, plug)
|13.7 fl oz. (0.18 pound active ingredient)||
When mites appear, apply in sufficient volume of water to ensure thorough coverage of foliage. Apply in a minimum of 100 gallons of finished spray solution per acre by ground equipment including backpack or hand wand. Applying Sultan at spray volumes lower than directed can make it harder to obtain thorough coverage and may reduce performance. Use higher specified dosage for increased mite pressure or increased residual control. Lower rates can be used where mite infestations are light.
DO NOT exceed the maximum seasonal use rate of 27.4 fl oz of Sultan per crop growing cycle.
DO NOT make more than two applications of Sultan per crop growing cycle.
- DO NOT exceed the maximum seasonal use rate of 27.4 fluid ounces (0.36 lb ai/A) of Sultan miticide per crop per year.
- DO NOT MAKE MORE THAN 1 APPLICATION BEFORE ROTATING TO A PRODUCT OF A DIFFERENT MODE OF ACTION GROUP.
- DO NOT make more than two applications of Sultan per crop per year.
- DO NOT make Sultan applications at intervals shorter than 14 days.
- DO NOT tank mix Sultan with:
- Insect growth regulators
- Plant growth regulators
- Carbarnate insecticides
- Organophosphate insecticides
- Pyrethroid insecticides
- For use in ground application equipment only.
- DO NOT apply by chemigation or aerial application.
- Not for use on plants intended for feed or forage.
- DO NOT use on vegetable transplants.
- DO NOT apply to plants exhibiting symptoms of stress or injury, such as stunting, wilting, leaf burn or drop, or abnormal growth.