Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Utilize 5-0-0 is used to provide higher plant yields. It contains 5 percent Urea Nitrogen that improves plant performance during the reproductive stage. The fertilizer works by increasing the uptake and usage of soil nutrients. It also helps counteract unfavorable growing conditions during vital reproductive growth stages of plants. Under good growing conditions, Utilize can push the crop to achieve even taller yields. It increases chlorophyll production and photosynthesis in crops, bringing additional energy during grain file or fruiting seasons. To prepare, shake the container well and add the fertilizer to partially filled spray tank. Pour through sieve or strainer. Utilize may be applied diluted for conventional ground foliar applications or at high concentrations for ground low volume or aerial applications. Product comes in 2.5 gallon (9.46 Liter).
Approved for Use in the Following States: AR; CO; CT; DE; FL; GA; HI; IA; ID; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; MA; MD; MI; MN; MO; MS; MT; NC; ND; NE; NJ; NM; NV; NY; OH; OR; PA; SC; SD; TN; TX; UT; VA; WA; WI; WY
|Active Ingredient:||Total Nitrogen (N) - 5.00%
Urea Nitrogen - 5.00%
|For use in:||Row crops, Oil Seed Crops, Vegetable Crops, Fruit Crops and Specialty Crops
* See label for complete list
|Application:||Field Crops: 5 - 16 oz. per acre
Ornamentals: 10 oz. per 100 gallons of water per acre
Turf: 8 oz. per 50 gallons of water per acre
Ground foliar applications and Aerial applications
* See label for specific application instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AL, AK, AZ, CA, ME, NH, OK|
|Shipping Weight:||22.75 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Helena Chemical (Mfg. Number: UTILIZE001)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
SHAKE CONTAINER WELL, add UTILIZE to partially filled spray tank by pouring through sieve or strainer. Wash any residual UTILIZE through sieve or strainer with remaining water. All other spray materials should be added prior to UTILIZE. UTILIZE may be applied diluted for conventional ground foliar applications (50 - 500 gallons of water per acre) or at high concentrations for ground low volume or aerial applications (1 to 20 gallons of water per acre). In the case of very alkaline spray water (ph 7.5 to 8.0), it is strongly recommended to use an acidifying or buffering agent to lower the pH of the mixture down to 6.5 - 7.0.
CROP RATE RECOMMENDATIONS
- COTTON: 8 ounces/acre. One application: 1) Early to mid bloom
- CEREAL CROPS: 5 - 8 ounces/acre at reproductive growth stages
- CORN: 5 - 8 ounces/acre VT to R2 growth stage
- PEANUTS: 8 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) Early Bloom to pegging. 2) 10 - 14 days after.
OIL SEED CROPS
- SOYBEANS: 8 ounces/acre. One application at bloom (R1-R5)
- CANOLA: 8 ounces/acre. One application at stem elongation
- FLAX: 8 ounces/acre. One application at onset of flowering
- CAMELINA: 8 ounces/acre. One application at budding
- MUSTARD: 8 ounces/acre. One application at early bloom
- SUNFLOWER: 10 ounces/acre. One application: 1) 3 pairs of true leaves to flower bud appearance
- SWEET POTATOES: 12 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) 100% sprouting. 2) 15 days after first treatment.
- SUGAR BEETS: 12 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) 8-10 leaf stage. 2) 15 days after first treatment.
- POTATOES: 12 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) 100% sprouting. 2) 15 days after first treatment.
- FRUITING VEGETABLES: 12 ounces/acre. Use as needed during the growing season.
- TOMATOES, PEPPERS, CUCURBITS AND OTHER FRUITING VEGETABLES (INCLUDING OKRA): 12 ounces/acre. Three applications: 1) At first flower 2) 7 - 14 days later 3) 7 - 14 days later.
- SNAP BEANS, PEAS AND OTHER LEGUMES: 12 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) At first bloom 2) At first pod.
- APPLES & PEARS: 12 ounces/acre. Three applications: 1) Pre-bloom. 2) Early king bloom (for apples)/bloom (for pears). 3) Post bloom (petal fall – fruit set).
- STONE FRUIT (Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots, Plums): 12 ounces/acre. Three applications 1) Early bloom. 2) Petal fall. 3) 10 - 20 days later (dependent upon variety).
- GRAPES (Raisin, Table and Wine): 8 ounces/acre. Three applications: 1) 12 - 18 inch shoot growth. 2) At bloom stage. 3) After fruit set.
- Concord, Niagara and other American cultivars: 8 ounces/acre. Two applications: 1) Early bloom. 2) Full bloom.
- CHERRIES: 16 ounces/acre. Three applications: 1) At first white flower. 2) At petal fall. 3) At shuck fall.
- CITRUS: 10 - 12 ounces/acre. As needed during the growing season.
- STRAWBERRIES: 8 ounces/acre/application. 1) Within 14 days of transplant. 2) 7 - 14 days later. 3) Subsequent applications: Every 7 - 14 days thereafter.
- TURF - ALL WARM AND COOL SEASON GRASS SPECIES: Use 8 ounces/acre per month in single application. Water volume: Apply in a minimum of 50 gallons of water per acre by ground. Do not apply through irrigation systems.
- ORNAMENTALS - LANDSCAPE OR PRODUCTION ORNAMENTALS: Use 10 ounces per 100 gallons of water foliar applied. Apply on a monthly basis for overall plant maintenance.
- ROOT DIP: Mix up to a 1 - 1.5% v/v (1 - 1.5 gallons per 100 gallons of water) solution of UTILIZE for bare root dip solution. Do not exceed this rate.
Note: Please see Product Label for important Precautionary Statements.