Nancy from Atascadero, Ca writes,
What is the risk of secondary poisoning from Farnam Just One Bite II Bars - like for a fox or coyote if they came across the dead or dying rat?
I have used this product before, but I am now in a new location with much more wildlife - such as foxes, buzzards, hawks, etc. I do not want to kill anything other than the rats.
The risk of secondary poisoning with Farnam Just One Bite II Bars is very minimal. A rodent only consumes a very small amount of bait at a time and passes it very quickly, only keeping a small amount in their system until they succumb to the effects of the bait. A larger animal such as a fox or coyote would have to actually eat 20-30 rodents that have consumed the bait to be affected by it.
Answer last updated on: 07/14/2015