Will Demize Nylar IGR work the 210 days to keep centipedes from coming in my home?
Demize Nylar IGR will not work to keep centipedes out of your home. This product is an insect growth regulator that helps disrupt the breeding cycle of fleas and certain cockroaches only. Demize Nylar IGR is not an insecticide or an insect repellant. Demand CS would be a good choice to use around the outside of your home to eliminate centipedes. You should apply the product to door frames, window frames, places where utilities enter into the structure, around the bottom of the foundation and out onto the ground directly around the foundation. You can also limit favorable conditions that the centipedes need to thrive..
Remove Favorabe Conditions
- Fix leaky faucets or pipes and dry up wet or damp areas where centipedes thrive
- Remove outdoor harborages near the home that hold moisture (compost, wood, or leaf piles, etc).
- Store firewood off the ground at least 20 feet away from the home
- Water your lawn in the morning so that it will be dry by afternoon
- Do not over mulch flower beds, since soggy mulch is an ideal harborage for centipedes
Answer last updated on: 04/21/2010