Will Talstar work for centipedes?
Is Talstar safe inside and around kids?
would be a good choice to use around the inside and outside of your home to eliminate centipedes. Indoors you can apply Talstar P to door frames, window frames, places where utilities enter into the structure, and any other place where the insects can gain entry. Outdoors you should apply the product to door frames, window frames, places where utilities enter into the structure, around the bottom of the foundation and out onto the ground directly around the foundation. You can also limit favorable conditions that the centipedes need to thrive.
- Fix leaky faucets or pipes and dry up wet or damp areas where centipedes thrive
- Remove outdoor harborages near the home that hold moisture (compost, wood, or leaf piles, etc).
- Store firewood off the ground at least 20 feet away from the home
- Water your lawn in the morning so that it will be dry by afternoon
- Do not over mulch flower beds, since soggy mulch is an ideal harborage for centipedes
Answer last updated on: 07/09/2015