Will the PackTite 2 Portable Bed Bug Heat Treatment unit work for treating booklice?
You recommend using a Packtite for booklice. I plan to use one to make sure books (and papers and possibly photos) are free of the psocids. How long should I run the Packtite to kill booklice? Thank you!
While the Packtite 2 Portable Bed Bug Heat Treament unit reaches a lethal temperature to kill any insect and its eggs, it does not specify on the label to treat for booklice. Please contact Packlite directly for clarification at 970-412-1498. Below are some recommendations on how to treat for booklice.
* Dehumidifying reduces the moisture content of the air that these insects find essential. Some methods for dehumidifying include: Mend leaking pipes. Ventilate closed rooms and attics. Eliminate standing water. Use a dehumidifier
* Regularly vacuuming cracks and crevices with a narrow vacuum tip also can be a good method to physically remove these insects from their harborages.
Removal of food
* Excess food material should be eliminated. Food sources that can not be removed should be sealed in containers.
Eliminating Harborage Sites
* Wherever possible, potential hiding areas should be sealed with caulk, especially around windows, cabinets, and mouldings. Increasing the lighting makes harborages less hospitable. Removal of leaf litter from around the home can decrease the chance of an outside invasion.
Drying Stored Articles
* Periodic airing and drying of articles stored in damp areas may help reduce the mould on which these insects feed. Disposing of mouldy articles is often the simplest way of removing an infestation in an area.
Answer last updated on: 11/23/2014