Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
ZoGuard Plus for Cats is the perfect solution to help protect your cats against fleas and ticks. It uses Fipronil and S-Methoprene (insect growth regulator) as its active ingredients (same as leading competitor, FRONTLINE Plus) which effectively kills fleas, ticks (including those that may transmit Lyme disease) and chewing lice. It also prevents flea eggs and flea larvae from maturing by breaking its cycle. ZoGuard features a sustained release formula which was developed to offer quick and long-lasting control, but with better value for the money. Product comes with three 0.50 ml (0.017 fl oz) applicators and is ideal for cats and kittens over 8 weeks of age and weighing over 1.5 lbs. Contains 3 month supply.
|Active Ingredient:||Fipronil - 9.80%
S-Methoprene - 11.80%
|Target pests:||Fleas, Flea Eggs, Flea Larvae, Ticks and Lice|
|For use in:||External use on Cats|
|Application:||Invert tube over cat and use open end to part cat's hair
* Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the cat's skin on the cat's back between the shoulder blades
* Use entire contents of tube vial on each cat
* Weigh your cat to be sure you are applying the right dose formulated for the weight of your cat.
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK|
|Shipping Weight:||0.08 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Promika, LLC (Mfg. Number: 511101)|
ONLY for cats & kittens over 8 weeks of age and over 1.5 lbs
Apply one tube (0.67 mL) (0.023 fl oz) once a month (30 days).
Three 0.017 fl. oz. (0.50 mL) Applicators in each box. Net Contents: 0.051 fl. oz.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
How to Open
- Remove product tubes from the package.
- Separate one tube from the others. Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body. Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
How to Apply
- Invert tube over cat and use open end to part cat’s hair.
- Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the cat’s skin as a spot on the cat’s back between the shoulder blades.
Q. Does ZoGuard Plus expire?
- No, as long as you store ZoGuard Plus at room temperature and sealed in its original packaging it will not expire.
Q. How old should my dog or cat be before I use ZoGuard Plus?
- ZoGuard Plus can be used on puppies and kittens 8 weeks or older.
Q. Does my dog or cat have to already be bitten by a flea or tick for ZoGuard Plus to work?
- No. ZoGuard Plus kills fleas and ticks through contact with your pet’s coat.
Q. Can ZoGuard Plus be used on other pets?
- No. ZoGuard Plus is only meant for treatment of dogs and cats.
Q. Can I use ZoGuard Plus for Dogs on cats or ZoGuard Plus for Cats on dogs?
- ZoGuard Plus for Dogs should only be used on dogs. ZoGuard Plus for Cats should only be used on cats.
Q. How do I apply ZoGuard Plus?
- Remove the product tubes from the package and separate one tube from the others. Hold the vial with the notched tip up and away from the face. Use scissors to snip off the tip at the notches. Invert the vial and use the open tip of the tube to part your dog’s hair between the shoulder blades. Next, squeeze the tube to apply all of the product to your dog’s skin in a single spot between the shoulder blades.
Q: Where do I apply ZoGuard Plus?
- Apply all of the product to your dog’s skin in a single spot between the shoulder blades.
Q. How often should I apply ZoGuard Plus?
- ZoGuard Plus should be applied monthly, or every 30 days. Do not reapply before the month is through. ZoGuard Plus works for a full 30 days.
Q. Will ZoGuard Plus work better if I apply it more often?
- No. Do not reapply ZoGuard Plus before the month is through. It keeps working for a full 30 days.
Q. When does ZoGuard Plus start working?
- ZoGuard Plus starts working as soon as it is applied.
Q. When can I bathe my dog after application?
- Keep your dog from getting wet for 24 hours after application. ZoGuard Plus keeps working for 30 days, even if your dog is bathed or goes swimming. Be sure your dog is completely dry if you apply after a bath.
Q. How soon after application will ZoGuard Plus begin to kill fleas?
- ZoGuard Plus will kill 100% of the fleas within 4-12 hours after application.
Q. Now that I applied ZoGuard Plus, I am seeing even more fleas. Why?
- As fleas die they will rise to the top of your dog’s coat. So it is normal to start seeing more fleas after treatment has been applied.
Q. I have treated my dog or cat with ZoGuard Plus but I still see fleas. Why?
- If ZoGuard Plus was applied before the flea eggs have hatched, you may notice fleas on your pet again. Consecutive monthly applications of ZoGuard Plus will work to eliminate those fleas. According to the Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) year round usage of a flea and tick control product like ZoGuard Plus is recommended.
Q. How does ZoGuard Plus work?
- ZoGuard Plus combines fipronil, the top-selling flea and tick control product, with (S)-methoprene, an insect growth regulator that keeps flea larvae from developing into adults. ZoGuard Plus contains the same flea- and tick-fighting protection as FRONTLINE Plus.
Q. What other insects does ZoGuard Plus kill?
- ZoGuard Plus also kills chewing lice.
Q What makes ZoGuard Plus different?
- ZoGuard Plus is one of the only products available, besides FRONTLINE Plus, with the combination of fipronil and (S)-methoprene, making it an effective option for affordable flea and tick control.
Q.Where is ZoGuard Plus made?
- ZoGuard Plus is manufactured and packaged in the United States. It is approved for use by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
See all 1 reviews »
1 of 1 people found this review helpful:
By Karen in Galena, Missouri on 07/18/2017
Against my better judgement I took your advice and purchased the flea treatment for my cats, however the frontline formula has not been working in my area for years. I had to wait 30 days and purchase another brand with a different formula. It seems to be working fine.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
05/07/2015 Ellen from Locust Grove Ga
QWhy do cats have to be kept away from others when ZoGuard Plus is applied?
Been using frontline plus and Revolution and neither recommends isolating cats for any length of time after application.
APets should be isolated after application so that the product is not spread from one pet to another, potentially harming another pet that is either another species or already being treated with this or another product and, therefore, at risk of being exposed to too much of the product. It is a precaution for both the pets being treated and other pets with which they may come into contact.