Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Chapin 8200A 80-Pound Residential Turf Spreader features a unique edge control that makes it easy and helps direct product distribution. It has an innovative placement and design, allowing a wide spread pattern and an increased coverage. For precise gate adjustment, the product features a fully adjustable gate dial for seed or fertilizer. This push spreader has 12" tires that are fully pneumatic and can easily handle rough ground. The base of the hopper is fully supported by a heavy duty steel frame. An application chart allows user to dial in the correct application settings for the unit. The product also features enclosed acetal gears that are safe from debris and other elements.
|For use in:||Farms, home and garden, turf and landscape.|
|Application:||Seed (grass & plant), Seed, Fertilizers, Weed & Feed.|
|Pet safe:||Yes, if followed by directions on label.|
|Dimensions:||23.75 x 18.75 x 26.50|
|Color:||Red and black|
|Material / Construction:||Powder coated steel frame|
|Special Features:||Pneumatic tires provide stability over uneven surface making it easy for the unit to go wherever it's needed.|
|Shipping Weight:||26.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Chapin (Mfg. Number: 8200A)|
Approximate assembly time is 5-10 minutes.
Wrench and/or Ratchet Set
Remove bottom bolt from each side of handle (below thumb nuts Figure A).
Loosen thumb nuts on top bolts (Figure B) and flip up handle.
Replace bolts below thumb nuts and tighten down.
Tighten all 4 thumb nuts completely.
Note: If spring detaches from bail assembly, simply re-attach (see Figure C).
GENERAL OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
- Be sure gate control is in the closed position (do not hold bail down when filling ).
- Determine appropriate setting for material being used by reading the suggested setting on the material’s bag AND/OR by referencing the application chart on your spreader’s control panel (Charts provided are only guidelines. Be sure to read the instructions on the bag/box of the material you’re spreading to identify accurate setting needed).
- Set the dial to the desired setting. Important Note: Do not adjust dial while holding bail down and gate is open. This will alter the accuracy of gate settings and cause parts to break.
- To begin spreading, start walking (about 3 mph pace) and pull the bail system down to open gate.
- To stop spreading simply let go of the bail and the gate will close
BAFFLE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Adjust baffle by hand to block distribution accordingly.
Use wing nuts to adjust tension on baffle.
STORAGE AND MAINTENANCE
When finished spreading empty hopper of any remaining material.
Thoroughly wash spreader and allow to dry before storing.
To fold down handle:
- Simply remove the bottom two bolts on the handle.
- Loosen two thumb nuts and fold down handle.
- Replace two bottom bolts.
- Tighten thumb nuts completely.
See all 2 reviews »
5 of 5 people found this review helpful:
Chapin 80 lb spreader
By Mark in akron, ohio on 01/13/2017
Love it. By far and away a much better spreader than I've ever gotten from scotts or others. Excellent item considering cost to quality. No hesitation recommending this spreader to anyone needing a new one. Customer service was great.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful:
Chapin 8200A Turf Spreader
By W. in Statesboro, GA on 08/01/2017
Assembly was very simple and all components appear to be first class. Loaded fertilizer (50 lb. bag) and applied to lawn. Spread appeared to be very even and compared to my previous spreader output time was cut by approximately 30-40 percent. I especially like the large tires for ease of movement and load handling capacity even though I only loaded 50 lbs on initial trial. The last few pellets of fertilizer didn't feed into bottom exit slot easily and had to "back & forth" spreader a few times. Clean up was easy. Very pleased.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
01/07/2015 Laura from Oxford, Ma
QCan Chapin All Season SureSpread Residential Push Spreader 80 lb spread sand
AChapin All Season SureSpread Residential Push Spreader 80 lb is not recommended to spread sand alone. Chapin recommends to mix 15-20% sand with for example salt before spreading.