Common Household Bugs
General Pest Control Starter Kit
Kit for complete general insect pest maintenance that includes: Chapin 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer, Cyzmic CS, Bellow Hand Duster, CimeXa Dust, and Catchmaster 100i Monitor glue boards.
Demon WP Insecticide
$8.99Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide for crack and crevice and spot applications for residual and contact control of many common insects.
$39.50Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide and best selling insecticide for indoor & outdoor, commercial & residential to turf & Landscape ornamental plants.
Tempo SC Ultra
$43.67Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide that controls insects in commercial & residential and indoor & outdoor area including turf & ornamental plants.
Talstar P (Talstar One)
$27.50Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide with residual control for termites and 75 other insects for commercial & residential indoor & outdoor areas.
Temprid SC Insecticide
A professional insecticide that controls over 50 insects in commercial & residential indoor & outdoor areas.
$45.00Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide that controls insects for commercial & residential indoor & outdoor treatments for up to 90 days.
$49.50Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide with residual control of over 200 insects for commercial & residential indoor & outdoor applications including lawns and landscaping.
Transport Mikron Insecticide
A professional termiticide & insecticide that is a contact and residual control for commercial & residential indoor & outdoor areas including ornamental plants.
Cyzmic CS Micro-encapsulated Insecticide
$32.63Multiple sizes available
A professional insecticide that controls insects for commercial & residential indoor & outdoor areas including lawns and landscaping.
PestXpert Foaming Insect Killer
$19.98Multiple sizes available
Foaming aerosol insecticide that leaves a protective, invisible barrier that kills on contact and keeps killing for 4 months.
Temprid FX Insecticide
$78.41Multiple sizes available
A professional suspension insecticide with two active ingredients that kills mosquitoes, bed bugs, spiders, fleas and other hard to kill insects.
General Pest Control Starter Kit - REFILL
Designed for customers who have already purchased and used the General Pest Control Starter Kit or for customers with a pump sprayer and hand duster. General insect pest maintenance.
There are a multitude of common household bugs that attack the home, garden, immediate grassland, shrubs, and trees. These common house pests are fighting for a place to inhabit in or around your home. The strongest weapon for you as the home owner is to become educated on the intruders. The best offense is a defense! You must understand the habits, seasons, life cycles, and safety. The key is to understand all of the potential house pests from the tiniest of household bugs to the scariest or creepiest rodents and arachnids.
Household pests, or house bugs, can span every inch of the property and home you own. Some pests can sting, bite, or injure you. Most try to go undetected, seeking the resources in parts of your home or garden. There are wood destroying, food contaminating, fabric pests, and many vertebrate pests. These vertebrate pests can be dangerous and are generally attracted to the household bugs or just seeking a new home in your home.
Pests can gain access to your home anywhere they can find an opening, and this is often your fault. If there are any holes or damaged walls, they will gain entry into your home. Fortunately, there are many do-it-yourself pest control options available to you for combating pests in and around your home.
The first uncontrollable causes for increased house bug populations are the changes in seasons or weather, which can influence sudden emergence of all kinds of insects. When the weather shifts towards earlier warmer temperatures can also lead to the early blooms an emergences of house bugs. The high populations of insects around the home increases the pest predator populations as well.
- Fall and winter seasons are usually the most common for household pests trying to gain access to your shelter and food. The cold usually kills most types of house bugs.
- Summer and spring seasons are usually the peak of insect and other pest populations.
As the temperature and moisture levels increase, it is commonly known as the season for growth. Growth can be great for your garden and decorative landscaping. The negative to that is with the thriving plants come the growing house pests populations to feed.
Common Household Bugs:
- Bed bugs
- Yellow Jackets
- Jerusalem Crickets
- Kissing Bugs
- Kudzu Bugs
- Box Elder Bugs
- Caddis flies
- Dobson Flies
- Dragon Flies
- Scorpion Flies
- Sow bugs
- Stink bugs
Common household spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
- House spiders
- Wolf Spiders
- Jumping Spiders
- Hobo Spiders
- Garden Spiders
- Crab Spiders
- Ground Spiders
- Spiny backed orb weaver spiders
Other common household pests
- Pocket Gophers
- Wood Chucks
How to Prevent Common Household Insect Pests
Understanding your pest
- House bugs need two things:
- Protection from predators
- This is why they drift towards your home, because it providesmoist hiding places
- Ex: house insects love dark and damp conditions
- Household Insects also look for food:
- Anything from plant parts, fungi, human food, pet food, seed, and other insects
- Top spots insects are drawn to:
- Anything laying in the yard providing cover such as:
- Sheets of wood, stacks of firewood, plastic buckets, containers, pots, stacks of stones, and bricks.
- Leftover food & water
- Pet feces
- Leaves from trees and garden plants
- Organic matter or decaying plants make for great cover and snack for a host of house bugs
- Edible crops & plants
- Gardens are targeted areas
- Plants, shrubs, trees near the home also give access to the walls of your home
- Standing water
- Standing water of any kind from bird baths, water troughs, etc.
- Lawn, Weeds, and trimmings
- The higher your grass the more likely you are to attract pests of all kinds
- This also leads to more weeds which also are favored by insects
- The piles of clippings from trimming hedges or other landscaping provide shelter