Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide is an algaecide from Applied Biocheists, capable of quickly clearing acres of troublesome bottom growing algae, particulary Chara, Nitella, Filamentous, and Hydrilla. When under control, algae is serves a useful purpose in their environments, from stabilizing sediments to providing food for fish, birds, and other aquatic life. However, algae can grow out of control, interfering with recreational uses of the affected area as well as hurting the resident aquatic life. That is where Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide comes in, offering 5 to 6 weeks of algae control. When treating the body of water, only treat 1/3 of the area at a time to avoid oxygen depletion of the water, which could be fatal to the fish population. Safe to use with no water use restrictions when used as directed on the label. Use Cutrine Plus for clear and clean water.
Also comes in the liquid form - Cutrine Plus Algaecide which is great for surface algae.
This one, the granular form, is ideal for bottom growing filamentous algae, Chara and Nitella. Liquid version must be diluted prior to use while the granular form is ready to use.
|Active Ingredient:||copper ethanolamine complex - 10.7%|
|Target pests:||Chara, Nitella, Hydrilla & bottom growths of Filamentous Algae
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Farm Ponds, Fish Hatcheries, Golf Courses, Lakes, Ponds, Swimming areas, Water Reservoirs
* See label for complete list
|Application:||30 lbs. per .5 acres (60 lbs. per surface acre) * 1 lb. per 720 square feet
* Broadcast by Hand or Use a Dry Fertilizer Spreader
* May be Used for Swimming, Fishing, Livestock Watering , Lawns, Ornamental Plants after Treatment
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label
* Do not use in water with Koi or hydrid Goldfish
* Toxic to Trout if the Carbonate Hardness of the Treated Water is Less than 50 ppm
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK, CT, DE, HI, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, OR, RI, VT, WA|
|Coverage Area:||30 lbs. per Half Acre|
|Special Features:||No Water Restrictions and No Wait Time before Animals and Human Consumption|
|Time to Kill:||Works Within 24 - 48 Hours and Lasts up to 5 Weeks|
|Shipping Weight:||30.18 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Applied Bio Chemists (Mfg. Number: AB8016030)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
A. LARGE AREA TREATMENT (over 5000 sq. ft.)
- Identify forms of targeted bottom-growing algae (Chara/Nitella or Filamentous) or Hydrilla.
- Estimate the height of targeted plant growth (in ft.) in the water column. This would be the distance from bottom to top of plants.
- Calculate surface area (acres of the treatment area (area of infestation) using the following formual: Length (ft.) x Width (ft.)/43560= Surface Acre(s)
- Refer to Table 1 to determine lbs. of Cutrine-Plus Granular Algaecide to apply per surface acre based upon type and height of targeted growth.
- Distribute Cutrine-Plus Granular Algaecide evenly over the water surface directly over the targeted vegetation, varying rates with the height of the vegetation in the water column. A dry fertilizer spreader may be used to ensure even distribution.
Pounds of Cutrine-Plus Granular Algaecide to Apply per Acre
|Height of Plant Growth (feet)|
|Form of Algal Growth||1||2||3|
|Chara / Nitella||30||60||90|
B. SMALL AREA (SPOT) TREATMENT (under 5000 sq. ft.)
For treatment around small areas such as docks, rafts, water intakes, etc, apply product uniformly at the rate of 1.5 pounds (24 oz.) per 1000 sq. ft. (In areas less than 1 ft. deep, reduce dosage by 2 oz. per inch of water per 100 sq. ft. so as to not exceed 1.0 ppm copper).
OTHER TREATMENT FACTORS AND CONSIDERATIONS
The following suggestions apply to the use of this product as an algaecide in all approved use sites:
- Apply Cutrine-Plus Granular Algaecide before growth has reached the surface and begun to form mats or canopies. If this has already occured, application of Cutrine-Plus liquid is recommended.
- Calm and sunny conditions when water temperature is at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit will usually expedite control results.
- Visible reduction in algae growth should be observed in 24 to 48 hours following application with full effects of treatments (bleaching and breaking apart of plant material) sometimes taking 7-10 days depending upon algae forms, weather, degree of infestation and water temperatures.
- Re-treat areas if re-growth begins to appear and seasonal control is desired.
- Minimum re-treatment interval between consecutive treatments is 14 days.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
05/21/2015 Sandy from Crete Il
QHave 3 acre area only 3-4 ft depth how much to kill pond and duck weed plus algae
A Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide Best to be applied on a sunny and calm morning. Spread granules over water area, 30 lbs of Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide per .5 acres, 60 lb per surface acre or 1 lb. per 720 square feet. Broadcast by hand or using a dry fertilizer spreader. Copper will be released over time to provide control in flowing water situations. Water treated with CUTRINE PLUS GRANULAR ALGAECIDE may be used for swimming, fishing, drinking water treatment, livestock watering or irrigating turf, ornamental plants or crops following treatment. For controlling Chara, treat in spring and summer or whenever weed is soft. One application should be plenty to control Chara for the whole season. Filamentous algae will often need re treatments to control. Start early, when temperatures are 60 degrees F and higher in the spring. Control will last for weeks to months and re-treatments may be necessary. Please wait 1 - 2 weeks between treating. See product label for specific details.
06/13/2017 Virginia from Sheffield, Ma
QHow long after applying Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide to our pond can we swim in it?
A According to the manufacturer, there is no wait time for swimming after applying Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide.
According to the manufacturer, there is no wait time for swimming after applying Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide.
04/22/2016 Zane from Richmond
QCan I use Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide in a 265 ft bored well for irrigation?
My well has green algae and it is hurting my lawn
A Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide is not labeled for use inside of drinking wells. According to the manufacturer, if the product is used in a pond/lake/stream, exactly as the label states, the water out of the pond can be safely consumed. However, this product is not labeled for use inside of wells.
Cutrine Plus Granular Algaecide is not labeled for use inside of drinking wells. According to the manufacturer, if the product is used in a pond/lake/stream, exactly as the label states, the water out of the pond can be safely consumed. However, this product is not labeled for use inside of wells.