• Please Note: If you have questions about an order you placed, shipping policies, product availability or product returns, please do not use this form. Direct these questions to our customer support center or by calling 866-581-7378.

    Most product questions are answered within 24 hours.
    Not all questions and answers will appear on our website. Thank you for choosing DoMyOwn.com!
  • * (limit 110 characters)
  • (optional)
  • *
  • *
  •   (city, state)
  •     Cancel

Q&A Home

Adrienne writes,

I have a dog living under my house. how do i flush it out?

Animal control wont go under the house and there's a possibility that there might be puppies. I'm renting the place in 2 weeks. What can i do?


Trapping the dog with a live catch trap may be your best solution. You should check with animal control or your local vet, most of them have dog sized Havahart or live catch traps. The trap can be disguised with a sheet or tarp and baited with a smelly food such as tuna fish or canned dog food. It may take several days, but trapping is usually very effective, especially for a hungry mother dog. Be sure to place the trap near where you suspect the dog is entering and exiting from under the house. We would NOT recommend using any type of gassers under the house or for dogs at all. After the animal has been trapped (it important to check the traps daily and also put water in the trap), animal control can be contacted for pick up.

Answer last updated on: 06/04/2010

2 of 3 people found this answer helpful. Was it helpful to you?   Yes No