• Please Note: If you have questions about an order you placed, shipping policies, product availability or product returns, please do not use this form. Direct these questions to our customer support center or by calling 866-581-7378.

    Most product questions are answered within 24 hours.
    Not all questions and answers will appear on our website. Thank you for choosing DoMyOwn.com!
  • * (limit 110 characters)
  • (optional)
  • *
  • *
  •   (city, state)
  •     Cancel

Q&A Home

Kelly from Georgia writes,

I have dryrot in a plywood bulkhead on my fiberglass sailboat. Which of your products should I uses?

I have eliminated the offending water intrusion. The area of the bulkhead affected is not structural, thought a chain plate is on an unaffected portion of the bulkhead and I must stop the fungus from spreading. Replacing the bulkhead is virtually out of the question.


We recommend using a borate product such as BoraCare or Timbor and treating the affected wood directly. Please read our Dry Rot Repair Article for directions and application procedures. 

Answer last updated on: 04/07/2015

1 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Was it helpful to you?   Yes No