How To Keep Wasps Away
Wasp Prevention Guide
Print Article By DoMyOwn staff
Follow These Steps To Keep Wasps Away
- Keep wasps from building nests by knockdown newly forming nests as soon as they are spotted. You may want to spray the nest with a pyrethrin wasp spray before knocking it down to kill any wasps that are in the nest to avoid possible stings.
- Empty standing water from bird baths, rain gutters, animal dishes, and other items that collect rain water.
- Keep bushes and trees properly pruned.
- Keep leaves and other yard debris cleaned up.
- Clean outdoor trash cans frequently and be sure the lids are always kept tightly on the cans.
- Follow our Preventive Pest Control Treatment Guide to learn how to do preventative sprays to avoid having wasp populations grow out of control.
67 of 86 people found this article informative and helpful.