Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Capsanem holds the active Steinernema carpocapsae pests (third stage larvae) in inert carrier material. It targets the larvae of the great pine weevil (Hylobius abietis), Pyralidae (e.g. Duponchelia fovealis), Tipulidae (crane flies), Capnodis tenebrionis, and the soil and leaf-dwelling pests from the families of Noctuidae (noctuids). It also works against the larvae of various pests belonging to the orders Orthopthera (e.g. mole crickets) and Coleoptera (beetles). After application, nematodes earnestly search for their prey and penetrate them. Once found, they feed on the content of the target specie by discharging specific bacteria from their digestive tracts. These bacteria change the host tissue into materials that nematodes can easily assimilate. The affected insect larvae become slimy and its color will change. Larvae will eventually die within a few days.
Koppert Capsanem is available in two sizes:
- The small size is 50 million per box.
- The large size is 500 million per box.
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Entomopathogenic nematode (Steinernema carpocapsae)|
|Target pests:||Larvae of the great pine weevil, Pyralidae, Tipulidae, Capnodis tenebrionis, soil and leaf-dwelling pests from the families of Noctuidae, and larvae of pests belonging to the orders Orthopthera and Coleoptera.|
|For use in:||Crops|
|Application:||Watering can, sprinkler system, backpack spray unit or vehicle-mounted spray unit.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 74450)|
Steinernema carpocapsae (entomopathogenic nematode)
- Larvae (third stage): size 0.5-0.6 mm long.
- Other stages: develop inside host.
Preparation of spray solution
- Put the contents of the pack into a bucket containing 5 litres of water (59-68F/15-20C).
- Stir well and allow to soak for 20-30 seconds.
- Stir well once again and poor the entire solution into the spray tank.
- Top up until the required amount of solution is in the tank.
- Spray immediately after preparation.
- Use the whole pack in one go, as the distribution of nematodes in the pack is not homogenous.
Application and dose
- With a watering can, sprinkler system, backpack spray unit or vehicle-mounted spray unit.
- To avoid blockage, all filters should be removed.
- Use a maximum pressure of 12 bar on spraying boom or pistol.
- The spray nozzle opening should be at least 0.5 mm (500 microns).
- Continuous mixing should take place to prevent nematodes sinking to the bottom of the spray tank.
- Dosage of 0.5 million nematodes/m2.
- Amount of spray solution strongly depends on application, use at least 3000 litres/hectare to control Duponchelia.
- Water the crop before and after application.
- Distribute the spraying solution evenly over the soil surface.
- Keep the soil moist for the first 2 weeks after application.
- Use 0.25 million nematodes/m2 diluted in 0.1 litre spray solution/m2 (= 1,000 litres/hectare).
- A wetting agent improves efficiency.
- Make sure plants are uniformly sprayed with the CAPSANEM spray solution, but avoid wastage through runoff.
Orchard or fruit tree application
- Dosage 1.0 million nematodes/m2.
- Use 5-10 liter per tree.
- Don’t apply on dry soil, nematodes should be applied after pre-irrigation or rain fall.
- Keep the soil surrounding the tree moist for at least two weeks after application.
- The moisture content of the soil must be high.
- Soil temperature between 57-91F (14-33C).
- Nematodes are very susceptible to ultraviolet light (UV): do not use them in direct sunlight.
- Leaf applications should be carried out in the evening to minimise the influence of UV light and maximise moisture availability for the nematodes.
Storage and handling
- Shelf life: see package for expiry date.
- Storage temperature: 36-43F (2-6C).
- In a dark place.