Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide (79672284) is a broad spectrum insecticide that is effective in controlling more than 130 ornamental and turf insect pests that includes worms, moths, ticks, borers, grasshoppers, beetles, caterpillars, grubs and more. It contains Carbaryl as its active ingredient and it functions as curative as well as preventive in controlling insects. It is intended for use in trees, turf, ornamentals, fruit and vegetable crops, but it can also be utilized as a perimeter treatment so building infestations can be prevented.
Currently registered in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, ND, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
FOR AGRICULTURAL OR COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
|Active Ingredient:||Carbaryl - 43.0%|
|Target pests:||Ants, Borers, Beetles, Caterpillars, Chiggers, Grasshoppers, Grubs, Moths, Ticks, Worms and others
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Commercial & Residential Turf-grass: Golf Courses, Athletic Fields, Lawns, Cemeteries, Parks, Campsites & Recreational areas, Range-land, Pastures, Grasses Grown for Seed
Trees & Ornamental Plants: Fruit Trees, Vegetable Crops, Landscaping Plants and others
* See label for complete list
|Application:||Trees and Ornamental Plants: 1 qt. to 100 gallons of water
Turf-grass: 2 - 8 qt. per acre
* See label for complete application instructions
|Shipping Weight:||24.35 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||PROKoZ Inc. (Mfg. Number: 79672284)|
On all crops use sufficient gallonage to obtain thorough and uniform coverage. Observe crop label instructions for specific directions regarding spray volume where they occur. Calibrate spray equipment to deliver the required volume. If you should have questions about calibration, you should contact State Extension Service specialists, equipment manufacturers or other experts.
NOTE: When treatment with PROKOZ SEVIN SL has been completed, further irrigation over the treated area should be avoided for 24 to 48 hours to prevent washing the chemical off the crop.
SPRINKLER IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
Apply this product only through sprinkler irrigation systems including center pivot and solid set. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system.
GENERAL PRECAUTIONS FOR APPLICATIONS THROUGH SPRINKLER IRRIGATION SYSTEMS
- Maintain continuous agitation in mix tank during mixing and application to assure a uniform suspension.
- Greater accuracy in calibration and distribution will be achieved by injecting a larger volume of a more dilute solution per unit time.
- The system must contain a functional check valve, vacuum relief valve, and low-pressure drain appropriately located on the irrigation pipeline to prevent water source contamination from backflow. The pesticide injection pipeline must contain a functional, automatic, quick-closing check valve to prevent the flow of fluid back toward the injection pump. The pesticide injection pipeline must also contain a functional, normally closed solenoid-operated valve located on the intake side of the injection pump and connected to the system interlock to prevent fluid from being withdrawn from the supply tank when the irrigation system is either automatically or manually shutdown. The system must contain functional interlocking controls to automatically shut off the pesticide injection pump when the water pump motor stops. The irrigation line or water pump must include a functional pressure switch that will stop the water pump motor when the water pressure decreases to the point where pesticide distribution is diversely affected. Systems must use a metering pump, such as a positive displacement injection pump (e.g., diaphragm pump) effectively designed and constructed of materials that are compatible with pesticides and capable of being fitted with a system interlock. Do not apply when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended for treatment.
- Do not apply when wind speed favors drift, when system connection or fittings leak, when nozzles do not provide uniform distribution or when lines containing the product must be dismantled and drained.
- Crop injury, lack of effectiveness, or illegal pesticide residues in the crop may result from nonuniform distribution of treated water.
- Allow sufficient time for pesticide to be flushed through all lines and all nozzles before turning off irrigation water. A person knowledgeable of the chemigation system and responsible for its operation shall shut the system down and make necessary adjustments should the need arise.
- Do not connect an irrigation system (including greenhouse systems) used for pesticide application to a public water system unless the label-prescribed safety devices for public water supplies are in place.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
09/21/2015 David from Ione, Wa
QCan I use a Surfactant with PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide 2.5?
A Yes, you can use a Surfactant with PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide 2.5. According to the product's label, the addition of a sticker may improve residual control. Be sure to follow the label instructions.
Yes, you can use a Surfactant with PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide 2.5. According to the product's label, the addition of a sticker may improve residual control. Be sure to follow the label instructions.
07/11/2017 Apple from Brogue
QWhats the application rate of PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide per gallon for peach trees?
A The mixing rate of PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide† for peaches is 1 1/2 - 2 1/4 fl oz per gallon of water. This will treat 1000 square feet.
The mixing rate of PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide† for peaches is 1 1/2 - 2 1/4 fl oz per gallon of water. This will treat 1000 square feet.
04/01/2015 Michael from Goldsboro Nc
QApplication rate PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide 2.5 per 1000 sqft for grubs
APROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide 2.5 for grubs should be applied at approx 2oz per 1000sq. feet.
06/22/2016 Pat from Kansas City, Mo
QWhat does the SL in Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide stand for?
A SL is referring to the formulation of the product. In the case of Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide, this means Soluble Liquid, meaning the product is a liquid concentrate that is diluted in water before application.
SL is referring to the formulation of the product. In the case of Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide, this means Soluble Liquid, meaning the product is a liquid concentrate that is diluted in water before application.
QWhat is the length of time needed to keep pets off a lawn treated with PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide?
Is this product safe after allocated drying time for a cat that tends to eat the grass? Does this product remain inside the blade of grass or just sit on the outside until it is washed off?
A When using PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide you would need to have animals out of the area while treating and until the product completely dries.†
When using PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide you would need to have animals out of the area while treating and until the product completely dries.†
09/10/2014 Don from Bartlett,tn
QDoes Sevin SL control tree webworms?
12/17/2015 Mike from Soddy Daisy, Tn
QWhat type of worms can PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide kill?
My lawn is overrun with night crawlers.
A There are not any products that are labeled to control earth worms or night crawlers, and we are not sure if†PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide will work for this use.
There are not any products that are labeled to control earth worms or night crawlers, and we are not sure if†PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide will work for this use.
07/12/2016 Roger from Bertram, Tx
QWill PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide kill yellowjackets?
06/25/2016 Casey from Baraboo, Wisconsin
QCan I use Sevin SL on my grape vines here in WI?
A Unfortunately †PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide†is not labeled for use on Grape Vines. We would recommend†Sevin Concentrate because it contains the same active ingredient and it is labeled for use on Grapes.†
Unfortunately †PROKoZ Sevin SL Carbaryl Insecticide†is not labeled for use on Grape Vines. We would recommend†Sevin Concentrate because it contains the same active ingredient and it is labeled for use on Grapes.†