Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Ultragreen Compost Maker is all-natural and organic that creates rich compost from the left over kitchen waste and garden clippings that would have been wasted if not used other wise. Just add Ultragreen Compost Maker to your compost pile and you will have the perfect compost to use with your garden, significantly improving the yield of your garden. With each pile of compost you make, you will feel better about being able to grow your garden better and help the environment by keeping all your kitchen waste and garden clippings out of the landfills.
|For use in:||Residential outdoor compost piles|
|Application:||Use in Compost Piles and Bins|
|Shipping Weight:||4.17 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Lilly Miller (Mfg. Number: 100503401)|
Lilly Miller ULTRAGREEN Compost Maker will help you achieve success in composting your kitchen and garden green waste. In as soon as 4 to 8 weeks you can have rich humus to add back to your garden to increase moisture retention in sandy soils, loosen clay soils, make fertilizers more available to plants, and help suppress plant disease and pests for vigorous growth. At the same time you will be reducing the waste sent to landfills! For the microbes that break down garden waste into compost to thrive, they must have air, moisture, carbon (from dry brown matter) and nitrogen. Lilly Miller ULTRAGREEN Compost Maker blends 100% natural organic ingredients for this special mix providing nutrients necessary for the microbes to grow and enriching the finished compost. Use Lilly Miller ULTRAGREEN Compost Maker to start a new compost pile or to help heat up an existing pile that is not heating up and decomposing quickly.
THE CLASSIC COMPOST PILE:
To make hot compost piles that break down quickly (4-8 weeks) and generate enough heat (between 140°-160° F) to destroy weed seeds and pests:
- Gather enough fresh yard trimmings to make a pile 3 feet high by 3 feet wide and long, or larger. Use a variety of clippings, including soft greens and brown leaves or twigs. The best ratio of brown (dry leaves and twigs) to green (newly cut or kitchen scraps) is two to one.
- Chop coarse materials into small pieces – the smaller the pieces, the faster they will decompose.
- Add 3 to 6 inch layers of trimmings at a time, alternating green and brown materials.
- Mix 2 cups of this product with each layer of garden trimmings and spray with water until the pile is moist, like a wrung out sponge, not wet.
- Add a thin layer (1/8"-1/4") of garden soil or old compost between layers of garden trimmings, ending with soil.
- Allow the pile to heat up and start to cool, usually 7-10 days and then turn the compost – moving the material on the tops and sides, into the center of the pile. Add any new kitchen scraps to the inside of the pile to avoid attracting animals. Turning a compost pile loosens up the material so that oxygen can move in and waste carbon dioxide can escape.
- Turn every week or two. Continue until the compost is fine, dark, moist and sweet smelling. Allow to cure for at least 2 weeks before using in the garden.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
04/25/2017 Mark from Portland, Or
QDoes Ultragreen Compost Maker kill the red worms in the compost bins ?
Red worms in compost bins is generated with the coffee grounds
A Ultragreen Compost Maker†is not an insecticide and should not kill any worms, it only†help suppress pests.
Ultragreen Compost Maker†is not an insecticide and should not kill any worms, it only†help suppress pests.