Jaime from Bandera Tx. writes,
What are the ratios for Dimension 2EW?
I bought this from you. I feel like I need an interpreter. We want to use in a one gallon hand sprayer. What is the ratio of liquid to water we should use
Herbicides are a lot different than other concentrated products and can be hard to understand at first. The application rate depends on the the type of turf you have and how quickly you apply the product. You will need to read the product label to determine the correct usage rate for your needs (you did not give us any information about the type of lawn, region or application program you will be using so we cannot give you exact rates). The amount of water used to apply Dimension herbicide is not critical, but should be sufficient for uniform coverage of the target area. Calibrate by determining the volume of water required to treat 1,000 square feet. Use this calibration volume to determine the amount of water and Dimension herbicide needed to treat the target area (see the following calibration example). Note: Sprayer calibration (volume of spray needed to treat 1,000 square feet) will vary with each individual operator.
Steps in Calibration:
1. Mark an area of 1,000 square feet (i.e. 20 by 50 feet or 25 by 40 feet).
2. Place the sprayer on a level surface and add water noting the final level of water in the spray tank.
3. Spray the marked area with a sufficient volume of water to provide uniform coverage. Refill the sprayer to the same level as before measuring the amount of water added. The measured water added to the sprayer is the volume needed to cover 1,000 square feet.
4. Determine the application rate (0.073- .55 fl. oz./1,000 sq. ft.) for Dimension from the Recommendations section of this label.
5. To each volume of water used as measured in step 3, add the amount of Dimension as determined in step 4.
Example: If the sprayer uses 1 gallons of water to cover 1,000 square feet and the desired application rate of Dimension is .55 fluid oz./1,000 square feet, then you would add .55 fluid ounces of Dimension to every 1 gallon of water to be used."
If you still find you need help figuring out the correct usage rate (we know this label is confusing) please don't hesitate to call us and let one of our customer service representatives help you 866-581-7378 (M-F 9-5 EST)
Answer last updated on: 01/30/2013