• Please Note: If you have questions about an order you placed, shipping policies, product availability or product returns, please do not use this form. Direct these questions to our customer support center or by calling 866-581-7378.

    Most product questions are answered within 24 hours.
    Not all questions and answers will appear on our website. Thank you for choosing DoMyOwn.com!
  • * (limit 110 characters)
  • (optional)
  • *
  • *
  •   (city, state)
  •     Cancel

Q&A Home

Kirankumar from Sharon Ma writes,

what is the best product to spray around the house to stop all kind of bugs getting inside?

I bought a house recently and my previous owner has a service with terminix for pests and termites and I also see sentricon systems around my house. He pays 400 $ for termites per year and 50 $ for pests and I have continued the service for few months but I decided to stop it as all they does is spray some liquid around the house. Could you recommend the best spray so that spray it myself I live in MA(02067) and my house is crawlspace house that means no basement.


Talstar P is one of the best general purpose insecticides for indoor and outdoor use. It is labeled for over 75 insects, leaves a 30 day residual outdoors and a 90 day residual indoors.  Mixing at .5- 1.0oz per gallon of water, it is a very easy product to use. 

Outdoors, Talstar P can be sprayed as a perimeter treatment (3ft up & 3ft out from foundation), around windows, doors, bushes, plants trees, broadcasted over the entire lawn. 

Indoors, Talstar P is to be applied as a crack and crevice treatment along baseboards, windows, doors, behind appliances, under sinks, toilets, around water pipes. 

General Pest Control Article and Video Here 

Answer last updated on: 04/13/2015

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No