• Please Note: If you have questions about an order you placed, shipping policies, product availability or product returns, please do not use this form. Direct these questions to our customer support center or by calling 866-581-7378.

    Most product questions are answered within 24 hours.
    Not all questions and answers will appear on our website. Thank you for choosing DoMyOwn.com!
  • * (limit 110 characters)
  • (optional)
  • *
  • *
  •   (city, state)
  •     Cancel

Q&A Home

Larry from Anderson, South Carolina writes,

What should I use for home maintainence to protect from roach, ant, spiders & general bug problems?

I just fired my pest control company after continued 10 years of service. The cost was skyrocketing and I felt I could do it myself,for less money. I live in Northwestern area of South Carolina (foothills). I am not currently experiencing any problems and want to keep it that way. In the past I have had an occasional roach bug (German, American cockroaches) transit the home (inside) from one side to the other, Also an line of very tiny ants, that may come in from a flower windowbox just outside the kitchen sink. My home is situated on a wooded lot, surrounded by Oak trees. Also, the pest company did occasionally spray around the perimeter of the home for roaches/ants and often applied a granulated bait around the home. The wife is threatening to 'call the pest company' if she see's any roaches. Save me! What products do you recommend?


Our most popular general use product is called Talstar.  It is widely used by pest control companies because it is labeled for almost every insect you could have a problem with and you can use it outside the home as well as inside, it is odorless and very safe for use around children and pets.  It is a liquid concentrate that you mix with water in a one gallon hand pump sprayer.  It will last for 60 to 90 days outside in between treatments.  It is also labeled for lawn and ornamental use, and can be used on trees, plants, bushes and shrubs for all sorts of ornamental pests including Japanese beetles, mosquitoes, and other leaf eating pests. Talstar is also available in a granule formula called Talstar PL if you prefer to use granules.

Answer last updated on: 03/13/2012

4 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Was it helpful to you?   Yes No