• Please Note: If you have questions about an order you placed, shipping policies, product availability or product returns, please do not use this form. Direct these questions to our customer support center or by calling 866-581-7378.

    Most product questions are answered within 24 hours.
    Not all questions and answers will appear on our website. Thank you for choosing DoMyOwn.com!
  • * (limit 110 characters)
  • (optional)
  • *
  • *
  •   (city, state)
  •     Cancel

Q&A Home

Marty writes,

What would you recommend for getting rid of bedbugs in a home?

We rent a 2 bedroom trailer and found it had bedbugs in the carpet and now our bed. Need a product for getting rid of them with guarantee that works.


We recommend using a bedbug kit. The Bed Bug Kit #2 provides you with the professional products necessary to do a complete bed bug treatment in your home. This kit has just the right balance of products to treat at least two rooms completely, plus enough to do the several follow-up treatments that are crucial to success. Unlike other kits you may find, the Do My Own Pest Control kits contain the most effective products available based on the most current research. This kit contains 1 x 8 oz. bottle of Equil Lambda 9.7 CS concentrate (makes 20 gallons), 1 x 10oz. bottle of PyGanic Dust with Pyrethrins, 1 hand dusting tool, 2 x 17 oz. cans of Bedlam Bed Bug Spray, and 1 pint of Steri-Fab. It is very important that you take the time to educate yourself on all of the places bedbugs can hide and all of the labor that is involved in preparing a room for a bedbug treatment. Please take a few moments to read over our Bedbug Guide to get a general idea of what needs to be done. We also recommend that you encase all of your mattresses and boxsprings with Protecta Bed Encasements as mattresses and boxsprings can be very difficult to impossible to treat because of all of the seams, folds, cracks and crevices.

Answer last updated on: 06/01/2011

4 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Was it helpful to you?   Yes No